Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Circus

I've never been to the circus, until now. It was may birthday on May 19 so my father thought that for my birthday me, him, and some of my cousins could go to the circus.


I took the bus then the tram and soon arrived at my grandparents apartment. Neither of my grandparents was there at the moment. My father gave me a box of eggs and told me to go to my uncles house and tell my cousins to come here.


I walked to my uncles apartment which is in the same building as my grandmothers just on another floor. When I got to my uncles apartment I gave them the eggs and after a little while me and my two cousins were back at my grandmothers apartment.


After we made some sandwiches and gathered food and packed it into out backpacks we got on the tram and left. After we arrived in "Medics Garden" (that's where the circus was) we met up with our other cousin. 


We sat down on a mat we had brought played cards, ate, and watched "Juicy Lucy" hang from a rope with her foot and sing song about showering. When Juicy Lucy finished we left and went to the big circus tent.


In that big tent we were to see "Witty Look" that is a Japanese unicycle duo. Before we saw the unicycles a man wearing a green hat in all green cloths with his face painted green came into the tent riding a green scooter. The green man put his scooter on stage then proceed to pull an unlucky and unwilling "volunteer" towards the stage.
Witty looks poster


The green man then stripped the man down to his boxers commented on how the mans armpit smelt and then dressed him in a green dress. The green man pulled several more "lucky winners" to the stage and then got married to the man wearing the green dress. After the marriage the green man got on his scooter, dropped some sparklers or something like that and left.


We waited a little while, then a women wearing funny cloths with a sparkely pink bow tie in her hair came on stage. Soon a man wearing similar funny cloths appeared on stage. After a series of quite hilarious pantomime acts the two got out their unicycles and started to cycle.


The duo jumped rope and jumped two people, all while on a unicycle, the man also rode a unicycle that was about six feet tall. They did many other things to but these were the most notable.


After the show was finished we went outside and just kind of hung out for a little while. Another show was to start soon and we wanted to see that one too. The next show was called "Shake, Shake, Shake!"


Note: Not my photo

The show started with a man dancing an old dance.Soon he stared climbing two poles set up with a platform at the top. He looked slightly like a squirrel, although he may have looked like a squirrel he must have been a lot stronger than a squirrel because soon he showed us his "horizontal pullup" which is exactly what it sounds like.


After a while he called up a "volunteer" to dance with him. The volunteer seemed very timid and we thought she must have felt terrible. Soon the volunteer showed their true nature, both changed very quickly into disco cloths, they also got their afros going. Shortly the Dj cued the 70's music and everything got going.


The acrobats started doing their thing, the man climbed up the pole and the women followed they linked hands and the women jumped from the platform they had been standing on atop the two poles. The man had his legs locked on the platform. The women did many crazy stunts, flips spins twists and all that other great stuff. After a good deal of acrobatics, 70's dancing and laughter the act was over.


When the circus ended we went to my fathers apartment which wasn't very far away. We played a few games of cards, I didn't understand the rules of the game and apparently they didn't understand me because they certainly were not kind to me. 


I was pretty hungry so I ate an entire loaf of poppy seed bread, by myself. It was late so I went back to the Várys house and soon was sound asleep with dreams of Japanese unicycles, crazy flips and crazy 70's music and  dances.

No comments:

Post a Comment